Compass is a non-profit agency. At Compass, we are a culture of caring, learning and purpose. We believe in investing in our people and providing our employees with many opportunities for growth, development and learning. We are working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential. We believe in making a positive impact on the lives of others, by genuinely caring about individuals and our community. Our guiding principles shape how we work with our clients, one another, and our partners.
- Responsible for providing professional child and youth work services in schools, homes and in the community;
- Work in collaboration with case managers across all programs to establish behavioural programs in conjunction with parents, teachers or other service providers; these programs will focus on the following components: safety and security, life and social skills development and will meet Compass’ current requirements on evidence based programs and best practices;
- Observe and study the behaviour of children in the above settings;
- Implement and evaluate programs and report back to the Clinical Manager and/or Child and Family team;
- Record pertinent data in the client’s chart.
- Successful completion of a Child and Youth Worker college diploma or Native Child & Family Services Worker Diploma and 2 years of experience with children and youth, including those in conflict with the law;
- Knowledge of conflict resolution methods;
- Knowledge of the social and mental health issues facing children and their families in today’s Canadian society;
- Strong computer skills and strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Client Management Services;
- Local travel is required, must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is required;
- Candidates must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Candidates must provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and HOOPP pension package.
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1747 clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications and addressed to:
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
This posting will remain open until filled.
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.