Full-time (1-year contract)
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and content for Compass’s official social media channels, as well as the website. Content can include written content, pictures, videos, and other special content at the discretion of the Engagement and Communications Specialist.
- Develop social media campaigns for Compass’s yearly campaigns.
- Develop graphics, posters, brochures and more as required.
- Assist in the development of press releases and communiqués to our community partners.
- Support Compass’s community engagement initiatives
- Other projects as assigned.
- Recent graduate with a three-year postsecondary diploma or degree in Public Relations, Communications, Health Promotion or Journalism.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Cloud Suite Programs (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Experience utilizing social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to organize work effectively to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Oral and written proficiency in the English and French languages is required
- Knowledge of mental health, health care or business is considered an asset
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check required
We offer competitive salaries and pension packages. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1666 not later than June 20, 2021 clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications and addressed to Human Resources.
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.