Two (2) temporary part-time positions
Up to 18-hours bi-weekly
The incumbent will provide supervision for children and their parents in a child friendly, neutral environment for visitation or exchange, in compliance with the Attorney General’s policies, guidelines and standards for both our Sudbury and Esponola locations.
- Facilitate safe arrival and departure of children at the centre
- Facilitate access visits
- Open and close the Access centre, including set up and take down of equipment
- Inspect and/or cleaning of equipment, toys, as well as Access centre to ensure health and safety standards
- Record objective, accurate, and factual observations of visits and exchanges in case files and log
- Complete all required agency forms as per policies and procedures
- Successful completion of diploma from an accredited college in social services or related human services degree or diploma
- Minimum 2 years working with parents and children
- Knowledge of conflict resolution
- Knowledge of child development and effective parenting skills
- An awareness of family dynamics and intervention models
- Ability to provide insightful understanding of behavioural dynamics
- Knowledge and appreciation of issues facing Anglophone/Multicultural, Anishnaabe and Francophone children and their families
- Ability to work with a minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is preferred
- Valid First Aid/CPR will be required
- Must provide satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive salaries and pension packages. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1673 no later than September 23, 2021, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to Human Resources.
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.