Temporary Full-time (One year contract)
- Responsible for providing professional child and youth work services in schools, homes and in the community;
- Work in collaboration with case managers across all programs to establish behavioural programs in conjunction with parents, teachers or other service providers; these programs will focus on the following components: safety and security, life and social skills development and will meet Compass’ current requirements on evidence based programs and best practices;
- Observe and study the behaviour of children in the above settings;
- Implement and evaluate programs and report back to the Clinical Manager and/or Child and Family team;
- Record pertinent data in the client’s chart.
- Successful completion of a Child and Youth Worker college diploma or Native Child & Family Services Worker Diploma and 2 years of experience with children and youth, including those in conflict with the law;
- Knowledge of conflict resolution methods;
- Knowledge of the social and mental health issues facing children and their families in today’s Canadian society;
- Strong computer skills and strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Client Management Services;
- Local travel is required, must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is an asset;
- Candidates must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Candidates must provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive pension package. We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1661 no later than April 10, 2021, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to Human Resources.
Compass values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If contacted regarding this competition, please advise human resources of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.