Compass is a non-profit agency. At Compass, we are a culture of caring, learning and purpose. We believe in investing in our people and providing our employees with many opportunities for growth, development and learning. We are working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential. We believe in making a positive impact on the lives of others, by genuinely caring about individuals and our community. Our guiding principles shape how we work with our clients, one another, and our partners.
This position reports to our Little Current location.
- establish and maintain purposeful therapeutic relationships
- complete comprehensive assessments of clients
- assess risks of harm to self and others and complete related safety plans
- develop, implement, and monitor progress of treatment plans
- ensure assigned files are managed in accordance with relevant professional college standards and Compass’ policies, procedures and guidelines
- develop and maintain knowledge of services provided by other community partners
- make effective use of those other community services available to ensure a coordinated response to the identified needs of clients
- provide information concerning children’s mental health and other related topics to the community
- effectively liaise with other agencies/services involved with clients
- ensure completion of all clinical and administrative documentation required by legislation, professional Colleges, Ministry and Compass policies and procedures
- Honours Bachelor Degree in social work or HBA (Psychology), Bachelor of Arts Child and Youth Care or other related human services honours degrees
- Preference will be given to those candidates who in addition to acquiring the minimum academic qualifications, possess a Master’s degree in social work, psychology or human services
- Registered and in good standing with a Professional College of Ontario (Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapist of Ontario)
- Possesses strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Possesses the ability to synthesize data and formulate treatment strategies
- Possesses the ability to integrate knowledge and practice in the development and implementation of a variety of interventions
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision
- Evidence of ability to work cooperatively with other professionals
- Strong ability to self-reflect and practice safe and effective use of self
- Ability to deliver programs and services to children, youth and families
- A working knowledge of the spectrum of services available to children in Ontario
- A good understanding of psychology and/or social work or related disciplines relative to a child, youth and family needs
- Knowledge and appreciation of issues facing our diverse populations (i.e. Anishinabek cultures, Francophone, Immigrant/Refugee, LGBT2SQ, etc.)
- Understanding of the impact of the social determinants of health on clients mental and developmental outcomes
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication in both English and French is an asset
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of an automobile in good working condition
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and a pension package with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1754 and clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications and addressed to
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
This posting will remain open until filled.
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.