Three (3) positions
Temporary Part-Time (ending March 31, 2024)
Compass is a non-profit agency. At Compass, we are a culture of caring, learning and purpose. We believe in investing in our people and providing our employees with many opportunities for growth, development and learning. We are working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential. We believe in making a positive impact on the lives of others, by genuinely caring about individuals and our community. Our guiding principles shape how we work with our clients, one another, and our partners.
Reporting to the Hub Care Coordinator this position will provide support, allyship and encouragement to youth accessing the drop-in hub services.
- Create and maintain a developmentally appropriate, non-judgemental, non-stigmatizing, safe and welcoming Youth Wellness Hub (YWH) atmosphere
- Contribute to the environment by creating and being involved in recreational activities within the YWH or community
- Encourage participation in YWH related events and activities
- Welcome youth to the YWH, engage with youth and answer service-related questions as needed
- Provide group and individual support services targeting life and social skill development by drawing on lived experience
- Establish a supportive relationship with clients
- Support the use of standardized measures to support measurement based care and collect information to support service determination
- Support youth and family participation at the YWH
- Support navigation of the mental health and addictions system including proactively linking youth to external service providers
- Support co-creation of YWH activities with clients and Youth Advisory Committee
- Support outreach activities
- Provide technology based and in-person services
- Work from a harm reduction and youth-centred approach
- Perform data entry into My Wellness Passport
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of partner services and access pathways
- Support YWH projects including the development and maintenance of the service delivery structure
- Successful completion of a Social Service Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Health Service Navigation or equivalent level program or work experience
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate will be required
- Certified in CPI, safeTALK and Food handlers is preferred
- Ability to deal with the public and peers in a respectful, mature and cooperative manner
- Ability to work flexible hours and various work locations
- Strong ability to self-reflect and practice safe and effective use of self
- Ability to deliver programs and services to children, youth and families
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Knowledge and appreciation of issues facing our diverse populations (i.e. Anishinabek cultures, Francophone, Immigrant/Refugee, LGBT2SQ, etc.)
- Understand the impact of the social determinants of health on our clients mental and developmental outcomes
- Knowledge of addictions services and trauma-informed care
- Knowledge of services available to youth aged 12-25 in the Greater Sudbury region as well as access pathways
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication in both English and French is an asset
- Possession of a valid Ontario driver’s licence and availability of an automobile in good working condition
- Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
We offer competitive salaries and a pension package with HOOPP (Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan).
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting job posting number 1736, clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications and addressed to
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
This posting will remain open until filled.
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.