Permanent Full-time (35 hours per week)
Compass is a non-profit agency. At Compass, we are a culture of caring, learning and purpose. We believe in investing in our people and providing our employees with many opportunities for growth, development and learning. We are working together to create paths with children, youth and families to reach their full potential. We believe in making a positive impact on the lives of others, by genuinely caring about individuals and our community. Our guiding principles shape how we work with our clients, one another, and our partners.
We are seeking a Psychometrist to provide services for children 0 to 18 presenting with mental health and/or developmental problems and their families. Services are delivered in the Districts of Sudbury & Manitoulin.
- Conduct and/or assist in psychological assessments under the supervision of a Psychological Associate or Psychologist registered with the College of Psychologists of Ontario;
- Provide evidence based emotional and behavioural interventions to children, youth and their families;
- Provide psychological consultation to Centre staff and other agencies;
- Abide by the professional standards of practiceset by the College of Psychologists of Ontario;
- Maintain recordings and file records;
- Ensure information regarding the progress of each client is up to date, complete, communicated and filed;
- Ensure forms, reports and necessary documentation are accurate and submitted within established timelines.
- Post graduate level degree in Clinical Psychology or equivalent that is predominantly psychological in nature;
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Ontario College of Psychologist;
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in providing psychometric assessments to children and adolescents in the developmental sector is preferred;
- Knowledge of legislation governing children and adolescents;
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in a variety of assessments, treatments and consultation;
- Capacity to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team is essential;
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both official languages (English and French) is required;
- Proficiency in computer software applications is required;
- Ability to work flexible hours contingent upon client needs;
- Traveling within the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin is required; must have a valid Ontario Class G driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check required.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefit package and a pension package with HOOPP.
We request that all applicants submit their cover letter and résumé quoting, job posting number 1766 and clearly indicating how you meet the qualifications by email and addressed to:
62 Frood Road, Suite 100
Sudbury ON P3C 4Z3
This posting will remain open until filled.
Compass is committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. We believe that equity, inclusion and diversity is key to organizational success. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose Compass as your employer of choice.
Accommodations are available to support applicants in all aspects of the hiring process. If selected for an interview and you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We wish to thank all applicants; however only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.